RCSS has been the South Asian Regional Secretariat for the Global Partnership for the Prevention of Armed Conflict (GPPAC) since it’s inception in 2004. GPPAC, which is based in The Hague, The Netherlands, is a global network led by civil society organizations actively working to prevent violent conflict and build more peaceful societies. The network consists of 15 regional networks around the world, with priorities and agendas specific to their environment. RCSS facilitates national and regional level GPPAC activities in the South Asian Region.
For more information on GPPAC, the official website can be accessed here: https://gppac.net/
GPPAC South Asia Network:
Regional Secretariat: Regional Centre For Strategic Studies (RCSS)
– Afghanistan Justice Organization (AJO) – http://www.afghanjustice.org/
– National Centre for Policy Research – https://ncpr.af/
– Gawharshad Institute of Higher Education (GIHE) – http://gawharshad.edu.af/en/
– Bangladesh Enterprise Institute (BEI) – https://bei-bd.org/
– Women In Security, Conflict Management and Peace (WISCOMP) – http://wiscomp.org/
– School of Conflict and Security Studies – National Institute of Advanced Studies (NIAS) – http://www.nias.res.in/
– Calcutta Research Group (CRG) – http://www.mcrg.ac.in/
– Maldivian Democracy Network (MDN) – http://mdn.mv/
– Centre for South Asian Studies (CSAS) – http://www.csas.org.np/
– Didi Bahini – http://www.didibahini.org/index2/index.php
– ASR Resource Centre / Institute of Women’s Studies – http://asr.asrresourcecentre.org/
– Program on Peace Studies and Conflict Resolution (PPSCR) – http://ppscr.net.pk/
- Sri Lanka:
– Association of War Affected Women (AWAW) – https://awawsl.org/
– Centre for Policy Alternatives (CPA) – https://www.cpalanka.org/
– National Peace Council (NPC) – https://www.peace-srilanka.org/
– Viluthu Centre for Human Resource Development – http://www.viluthu.org/
– Women and Media Collective (WMC) – https://womenandmedia.org/
GPPAC South Asia Network Meeting on “Strengthening Cooperation and Collaboration among Civil Society Organisations in South Asia”
Regional Centre for Strategic Studies (RCSS) as the South Asia Regional Secretariat convened a meeting for the members of the South Asia Regional Network of the Global Partnership for Prevention of Armed Conflict (GPPAC) on 27 – 28 November, 2017 at Galle Face Hotel,...
RCSS, as the Regional Secretariat for the Global Partnership for the Prevention of Armed Conflict – South Asia (GPPAC SA) is undertaking to project titled “ Women, Veil and Security.” The practice of using the is not limited to one religion or group or gender. Most...
GPPAC International Steering Group Meeting 2015 19 May 2015 - 21 May 2015 | The Hague, The Netherlands Ms. Minna Thaheer, Acting Executive Director, RCSS represented GPPAC South Asia at the GPPAC International Steering Group Meeting held on 19 - 21 May 2015 in The...
RCSS co-hosted this event with Peaceboat on the 28 March 2014 at the Taj Samudra Hotel, Colombo. The partnership between Peaceboat and RCSS was enabled by GPPAC. This event was part of the 7th Global Voyage for a Nuclear Free World, undertaken by Peace Boat, an...
GPPAC RLO & PSC Meeting 2014-02-18 The Hague, The Netherlands The Global Secretariat office of GPPAC (Global Partnership for the Prevention of Armed Conflict), a worldwide civil society network of peace builders, organised the rolex replica watches Regional...
Seminar on conflict early warning 2013-12-23 Jammu, India RCSS and GPPAC in partnership with the Institute of Peace and Conflict Studies, New Delhi, held a day long seminar on ―Conflict Early Warning: Contemporary Regional Environments and Implications for J & K...
Seminar on Electoral Process in Bangladesh 19 November 2013 - 20 November 2013 | Jahangirnagar University, Dhaka, Bangladesh The Regional Centre for Strategic Studies (RCSS) together with the Bangladesh Enterprise Insitute (BEI) organized a seminar titled...
Participatory Governance in the Commonwealth: The Role of Civil Society 22 October 2013 - 22 October 2013 | Cinnamon Grand Hotel, Colombo, Sri Lanka RCSS in collaboration with GPPAC hosted a RCSS Discussion Forum on "Participatory Governance in the Commonwealth:...
GPPAC South Asia Regional Steering Group (RSG) Meeting 2013-05-20 Nilaveli Beach Hotel, Trincomalee The South Asian Regional Steering Group (RSG) of the Global Partnership for the breitling replica watches Prevention of Armed Conflict (GPPAC) held its meeting from the...
Book Launch in Kathmandu 2012-08-06 Hotel Annapurna The book launch of the Building Bridges and Promoting People to People Interaction in South Asia was held on 6th August , 2012 in Kathmandu, Nepal. The book was edited by Nishthal Pandy- Director of Centre for South...