RCSS has been the South Asian Regional Secretariat for the Global Partnership for the Prevention of Armed Conflict (GPPAC) since it’s inception in 2004. GPPAC, which is based in The Hague, The Netherlands, is a global network led by civil society organizations actively working to prevent violent conflict and build more peaceful societies. The network consists of 15 regional networks around the world, with priorities and agendas specific to their environment. RCSS facilitates national and regional level GPPAC activities in the South Asian Region.
For more information on GPPAC, the official website can be accessed here: https://gppac.net/
GPPAC South Asia Network:
Regional Secretariat: Regional Centre For Strategic Studies (RCSS)
– Afghanistan Justice Organization (AJO) – http://www.afghanjustice.org/
– National Centre for Policy Research – https://ncpr.af/
– Gawharshad Institute of Higher Education (GIHE) – http://gawharshad.edu.af/en/
– Bangladesh Enterprise Institute (BEI) – https://bei-bd.org/
– Women In Security, Conflict Management and Peace (WISCOMP) – http://wiscomp.org/
– School of Conflict and Security Studies – National Institute of Advanced Studies (NIAS) – http://www.nias.res.in/
– Calcutta Research Group (CRG) – http://www.mcrg.ac.in/
– Maldivian Democracy Network (MDN) – http://mdn.mv/
– Centre for South Asian Studies (CSAS) – http://www.csas.org.np/
– Didi Bahini – http://www.didibahini.org/index2/index.php
– ASR Resource Centre / Institute of Women’s Studies – http://asr.asrresourcecentre.org/
– Program on Peace Studies and Conflict Resolution (PPSCR) – http://ppscr.net.pk/
- Sri Lanka:
– Association of War Affected Women (AWAW) – https://awawsl.org/
– Centre for Policy Alternatives (CPA) – https://www.cpalanka.org/
– National Peace Council (NPC) – https://www.peace-srilanka.org/
– Viluthu Centre for Human Resource Development – http://www.viluthu.org/
– Women and Media Collective (WMC) – https://womenandmedia.org/
GPPAC South Asia Regional Steering Group (RSG) Meeting 2013-05-20 Nilaveli Beach Hotel, Trincomalee The South Asian Regional Steering Group (RSG) of the Global Partnership for the breitling replica watches Prevention of Armed Conflict (GPPAC) held its meeting from the...
Book Launch in Kathmandu 2012-08-06 Hotel Annapurna The book launch of the Building Bridges and Promoting People to People Interaction in South Asia was held on 6th August , 2012 in Kathmandu, Nepal. The book was edited by Nishthal Pandy- Director of Centre for South...
Preventive Action Conference Report 2012-08-03 RCSS, Colombo Preventive Action Conference Report This report is based on the workshop titled “Armed Conflict in South Asia: Towards a Cooperative Framework for Preventive Action” which was organized by the Regional...
Armed Conflict in South Asia: Towards a Cooperative Framework for Preventive Action 2012-05-03 Galle Face Hotel, Colombo The Regional Centre for Strategic Studies (RCSS) in its capacity as the GPPAC South Asia Regional Secretariat organized a workshop titled “Armed...
New GPPAC South Asia website 2011-08-01 Colombo, Sri Lanka The GPPAC Regional Secretariat for South Asia is pleased to announce the launch of the GPPAC South Asia website. The website is hosted on the Peace Portal and offers information about the regional network’s...
Regional Steering Group (RSG) Meeting of GPPAC 2011-02-15 Colombo, Sri Lanka RCSS, in its capacity as South Asia’s Regional Initiator for GPPAC (Global Partnership for the Prevention of Armed Conflict), hosted the Regional Steering Group (RSG) Meeting from February...
RCSS/GPPAC organized a seminar titled Role of Civil Society Organizations in Peacebuilding Activities in Post-War Sri Lanka
RCSS/GPPAC organized a seminar titled Role of Civil Society Organizations in Peacebuilding Activities in Post-War Sri Lanka 2011-01-07 Colombo, Sri Lanka Regional Centre for Strategic Studies (RCSS), organized a seminar titled Role of Civil Society Organizations in...
Regional Roundtable on 'Promoting People to People Contact Through SAARC' 2010-07-15 Hotel Radission, Kathmandu, Nepal Regional Roundtable on Promoting People to People Interaction Through SAARC Under the Interaction and Advocacy Programme of GPPAc South Asia, a...
Regional Steering Group Meeting of GPPAC South Asia 2010-03-25 Galadari Hotel, Colombo, Sri Lanka RCSS, in its capacity as South Asia’s Regional Initiator for GPPAC (Global Partnership for the Prevention of Armed Conflict), hosted a Regional Steering Group (RSG)...
GPPAC-SA Marks International Peace Day 2009-09-14 Kantale, Sri Lanka Focusing on International Peace Day as a rallying point, RCSS organized a wall painting in the town of Kantale, 46 kms South of Trincomalee. With the ready support of the Zonal Education...