Global Partnership for the Prevention of Armed Conflict (GPPAC)
The Global Partnership for the Prevention of Armed Conflict is a global member-led network of civil society organisations (CSOs) who actively work on conflict prevention and peacebuilding.
GPPAC's mission is to promote a global shift in peacebuilding from solely reacting to conflict to preventing conflicts from turning violent through multi-actor collaboration and local ownership of strategies for peace and security. It aims to achieve greater national, regional and global synergy in the field of conflict prevention and peacebuilding, and to strengthen the role of local members in the regions affected by conflict.
GPPAC is organised primarily through regional networks and global structures. At the regional level, GPPAC is governed by Regional Steering Groups (RSGs) and at the global level by an International Steering Group (ISG), in majority composed of representatives from GPPAC regional networks. Each GPPAC Region is coordinated by a Regional Secretariat.
For more information on GPPAC, please refer to http://www.gppac.net/
RCSS is the Regional Secretariat for South Asia. It serves as the primary point of contact in South Asia for both regional network members and the broader GPPAC network.
Prof. Imtiaz Ahmed, Executive Director of RCSS, is the Regional Representative (RR) of South Asia to the International Steering Group (ISG) of GPPAC. He acts as an advocate, ambassador, and where agreed, official representative of the regional network and represents the regional networl at ISG meetings.
Ms. Sumuchu Jayasinghe is the Regional Liaison Officer (RLO) for South Asia. She acts as a link between Regional and Global Secretariats and the network. She works in close collaboration with the RR to support the functioning of the regional network, maintain close lines of communication with the Global Secretariat and perform a variety of other operational tasks.
- RCSS – UNFPA Join Hands to Prevent Violent Extremism in Sri Lanka September 21, 2018
- GPPAC South Asia Network Meeting on “Strengthening Cooperation and Collaboration among Civil Society Organisations in South Asia” December 5, 2017
- Conference on Women, Veil and Security October 12, 2015
- GPPAC International Steering Group Meeting 2015 May 19, 2015
- Across Generations: Building a Nuclear Free World Together March 28, 2014
- GPPAC RLO & PSC Meeting February 18, 2014
- Seminar on conflict early warning December 23, 2013
- Seminar on Electoral Process in Bangladesh November 19, 2013
- Participatory Governance in the Commonwealth: The Role of Civil Society October 22, 2013
- GPPAC South Asia Regional Steering Group (RSG) Meeting May 20, 2013
- Book Launch in Kathmandu August 6, 2012
- Preventive Action Conference Report August 3, 2012
- Armed Conflict in South Asia: Towards a Cooperative Framework for Preventive Action May 3, 2012
- New GPPAC South Asia website August 1, 2011
- Regional Steering Group (RSG) Meeting of GPPAC February 15, 2011
- RCSS/GPPAC organized a seminar titled Role of Civil Society Organizations in Peacebuilding Activities in Post-War Sri Lanka January 7, 2011
- Regional Roundtable on ‘Promoting People to People Contact Through SAARC’ July 15, 2010
- Regional Steering Group Meeting of GPPAC South Asia March 25, 2010
- GPPAC-SA Marks International Peace Day September 14, 2009
- Multi Ethnic Youth Camp in Kantale, Sri Lanka September 26, 2008
- Regional Events Marking UN International Day of Peace September 21, 2008
- Role of the Civil Society in Preventing Armed Conflict in South Asia January 18, 2004